This online shop is using cookies to give you the best shopping experience. Thereby for example the session information or language setting are stored on your computer. Without cookies the range of the online shop's functionality is limited.
If you don't agree, please click here.
0 Items in cart:
The shopping cart is empty.
New here at Dependent?
Sign up now and enjoy the full shopping experience!
Charismatic, enigmatic, and absolutely outstanding, singer Elena Alice Fossi, who is best known for her work with Italian electro-trailblazers KIRLIAN CAMERA, presents "Modernism", the fifth album of her eclectic project SPECTRA*Paris.
"Modernism" is transfiguring electronic music through the prism of Elena’s voice and several collaborations with other musicians into a beautiful kaleidoscope of stylistic colours ranging from EBM, future pop, dark electronic, art pop, and various influences more.
Among the artists that gladly followed Elena's call are KIRLIAN CAMERA mastermind ANGELO BERGAMINI, PROJECT PITCHFORK, SEASURFER, legendary producer JOHN FRYER, who worked with DEPECHE MODE and NINE INCH NAILS alongside many others, JOHN ROX & OXYDION, African singer-songwriter FAKEBA, and guitarist and producer MICHAEL CIRAVOLO (BEAUTY IN CHAOS, HUMAN DRAMA).
"Modernism" in a way is a musical child that was born out of the isolation that was imposed on Northern Italy during the pandemic. Elena trapped into the SPECTRA*Paris songs all the notes that absorb her fears, her astonishment, and her sense of confusion into what she calls "a weird concoction of melancholy and rhythm". Her music is complemented and underlined by the beautiful artwork that accompanies this album.
SPECTRA*Paris was conceived as an electronic rock oriented project in the wake Elena's previous project SIDERARTICA. In 2007 she self-released the ultra-rare promo 3" CD-R limited to 25 copies "Spectra Murder Show" and immediately got picked-up by a label, which led to the acclaimed first album "Dead Models Society (Young Ladies Homicide Club)" hitting the streets in the same year. The debut reached the charts in many countries and went up to gold. Elena followed-up with two successful albums in 2010, "License to Kill" and "Christmas Ghouls". Tracks from these recordings as well as the latest album "Retromachine Betty" (2017) have been used in tv and catwalk soundtracks.
With "Modernism", SPECTRA*Paris chronicle Elena Alice Fossi's prison-break into the freedom that only true art can grant. Aided by her accomplice and long-time friend Angelo Bergamini, who co-produced and supervised every sound in this chapter, the composer and singer has delivered a fascinating personal statement via a wide range of electronic music.
01. Flying Onlookers
04. Infection Party
05. Naughty Girl J5mm 2022 Mix feat John Fryer
06. Graphic Music 1.0 (instr.)
07. Poison Fresh
08. MOroDERN feat. Fakeba
09. Indigo Cypher
10. Vacanze Romane
11. Just A Cigarette
12. Angry Bite
13. Ogre's Horizon
14. Poison Fresh Doctor Phibes Mix
Bonus CD "SPECTRA*Martini" (only artbook)
01. Social Lovers RMX2016 feat. John Rox/Oxydion
02. Golden Eye Live 2010
03. Angry Bite Remix feat. Project Pitchfork
04. Poison Fresh Extended Mix 2022 feat. Kirlian Camera
05. I Dont't Care
06. Graphic Music 2.0
07. Blue Days feat. Seasurfer
08. Circle Of The Angels feat. Siderartica
09. Il Bacio Del Mondo (The Kiss Of The World) Kirlian Camera Italian Version feat. Beauty In Chaos (chords)
10. Shapeshifter Video Soundtrack Version
11. Infection Party RMX
12. E-Girl Mantramix 2022 feat. Angelo & Alison Bergamini
SPKR is a multifaceted, independent media group specializing in the discovery, manufacturing, distribution and presentation of high quality music and art.
• individual shipping costs depending on weight and countryPlease note that we always ship orders completely, meaning all items you order! There are no part shipments!Payment options:
• Via PayPal
• Via credit card (Visa, MasterCard) - Only for regular customers
• Via sofortbanking.de
• Via direct debit (Germany-based and regular customers only)